Sunday, 16 August 2009

A day by the bus depot....

Thursday, 13 August

Looking to make the best out of a bad situation, the Lees get to work on the blog. Well actually it´s me (maja), doing the blog, while Adrian "supports" which involves reading catching up on all the cycling news, including archive files, drinking eating, then inspecting various toilets in that order.

So I spent 6 hours writing the blog, my ankles so swollen as I haven´t left my seat all day.

To thank me for my efforts Ade takes me for a couple of beers at a bar opposite the bus station (lucky girl) where we mixed it up with the locals. A cowboy (attire of stetson hat and snakeskin cowboy boots) takes an instant liking to us, and sends over two rounds of drinks. He basically looks like he is straight out of "dusk to dawn" including scar on his right cheek, not a handsome fella. I would have loved to have showed you guys a pic, but Ade did not feel comfy with the chap so alas no pic.

I was very proud of Ade, as he didn´t want the guy to think we were taking the p&ss, he walked over to him said to him in Spanish "I dont speak Spanish, I´m from London" shook his hand and bought him a drink. Nice work Ade, I definitely felt a lot safer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment